Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First Blog!

So this is my first blog. Ever. So bare with me if it doesn't dazzle. :) I am a mom to two wonderful little ones. I had my first, Addison, when i was 19, that is where my motherhood and weight  journey begins. More on that later. I had my second baby Masen in january of this year.  I decided i would try blogging to write down my weight loss journey. I am determined this time to lose weight for good and this helps me be more accountable.

I never had a weight problem until I got pregnant with Addison. I stupidly thought I would be one of the "lucky" ones that could gain a lot and lose it right after having the baby.   I. Wasn't.  I managed to gain 60lbs with her putting me at a whopping 200 lbs! Which is a TON on my 5'1 frame. I wasnt really to worried about it because I thought well i will breastfeed and lose it all. Well nursing didnt work out....  I lost down to 180 after her birth and was assured by my Dr. that the weight would just keep falling off.. He lied. Not intentionally of course but still. I somehow gained the weight back and they brought some friends.. I went to work when Addison was 3 months old, even though I didnt want to. I think this also contributed to my weight gain, since it was a desk job.  For the next  yeas my weight bounced from 180 to 211. When i went to my dr and weighed in at 211 lbs in 2009 he told me I had to make a change. He said with the way my gain had been that if i continued to gain this way I would be dead. He said i was becoming a very good candiate for gastric bypass.  I forgot to mention that I was also diagnosed with Polycystic ovaries after having my DD too. The doctor also said this contributed to my weight problem.  Anyways- I was terrified when i left the doctor that day and called my dad crying. My dad being the amazing man he is went to the gym in my town and signed me up and paid for training and everything. I was completly grateful and excited.  I went to the gym for awhile but honestly my heart wasn't in it completly like i had hoped.  I found excuses not to go after a while. Fast forward a year. It was January 2010 and my boyfriend's sister called and told me the gym was starting a 6 week class called Battle of the Bulge,similar to Biggest Loser. I knew deep down this is what i needed to motivate me. We had a team competing against the other trainers teams and our teammates counted on us to be there every week to lose weight. It was a team effort so therefore i just couldnt let my team down. For the next 6 weeks, 2 nights a week i worked out for an hour with my trainer and team. On the other days I walked with my dad. I was determined! I finally had drive! I lost 17lbs that 6 weeks. going from my high of 227 lbs to 207. Six more weeks later i lost down to 194. I was so proud of myself i was doing this! I was finally starting to feel good about myself again. Well then God blessed me with another child. I got my BFP on May 25th.  Gonna leave off here for now and pick up here later.. Time to do the mommy thing

No comments:

Post a Comment